The World has Changed…
and so have my photography sessions (kinda)
Photography. It brings joy. It’s an expression of love. It’s a reminder of what truly matters in life.
That’s why I’m making it my mission to photograph families in a safe and comfortable way as we navigate the “new normal”.
Life continues to go on. Babies are being born. Little ones are turning one. Children are growing.
All things that deserve to be documented and treasured for a lifetime.
As we move forward with a new normal I wanted to share how I will be conducting my photography sessions for the time being. Some things will be different, but I promise my passion and dedication to delivering the most heart-felt images will be stronger than ever.
New Safety Measures
1. For now all sessions will be held outdoors…not too different for maternity and family sessions, but sort of new for newborn sessions. I’ve actually been doing warm weather newborn sessions outdoors for years now. Lucky for us the warm weather is upon us!
2. Social distancing will be in place. My favorite trusty 135mm lens will be used which allows me to get amazing images from ten plus feet away.
3. The sessions will be contactless, meaning I’ll be relying more on parents to help pose babies and children. Luckily my posing has always been natural in nature anyway, so the posing part is pretty easy.
4. I will have my stylish face mask and hand sanitizer handy.
5. In-person viewing and ordering sessions will stop for now, but a private online gallery will be available for viewing images and ordering products. My full line of professional products will still be available for purchase.
6. Digital images will now be included with each session as opposed to an optional a la carte purchase. Sessions will be all inclusive meaning each session will come with digital images.
7. I will not be bringing any props for newborn sessions (swaddles, headbands, blankets, etc.) But will discuss options for parents that want to include any props in their sessions.
Things that are Staying the Same
1. I will not conduct a photo session if I am feeling at all sick, or if anyone in my family is sick. The health and safety of my clients has always come first and that will never change. I am mother first and foremost and value safety and well-being above all else.
2. I will continue to photograph each session through the lens and heart of a mother. Photography is a soul calling of mine and if anything, this crisis has only fueled my passion more.
3. My gratitude for each and every session I have the honor to photograph will remain high. I am beyond grateful to every family that books with me, for every session helps keep my business going and my family provided for.
So what’s Next?
As of now (May 14th) I’m still only booking short contactless sessions like the Front Porch Photos for the immediate time being. Once parks start to open to up again and sessions can be safely done at parks and beaches I’ll start scheduling family, first birthday and maternity sessions again.
If you are pregnant with a summer baby and want to get on my schedule for an outdoor newborn session in your yard please contact me.
One last thing…
Thank you to all the families that had sessions booked with me in March, April and May and have pushed their session out rather than cancelled. It was a scary realization that my business would not only be put on hold, but would look different moving forward as well.
I am truly grateful for your support and cannot wait until I can photograph with full-on fun again.
New Safety Measures: CT Newborn and Family Photographer
May 13, 2020