Hi, I’m Katie. I’m a wife, mother, and photographer. Juggling it all sometimes is a challenge, but everyday I feel extremely blessed to be able to call myself all three of these things. Quitting my day job and officially creating my dream job in 2013 was one of the best decision I ever made. See, I’ve been fascinated with photography ever since my mother hired a photographer to come to our home and take six month photos of my little sister back in the 80’s. I’ll never forget watching this photographer take pictures of my sister. If I close my eyes I can still see the image my mom bought and framed of her. Becoming a photographer was a long journey and I took a few turns along they way but I found myself exactly where I hoped I would end up and I’m never looking back. If you choose to work with me I promise to capture your family in a heartfelt and memorable way that you’ll treasure for a lifetime.
Here’s a few things about me:
• I’m a blessed mama to three adorably sweet boys.
• I married my brother’s best friend (whoops).
• I was born and raised in CT (originally a Valley girl!).
• I left CT for a bit to go to Assumption college in MA.
• After many years of trying to find my way into photography, I finally found it while getting my Masters at Wesleyan University.
• I’m grateful for Stitch Fix for getting me out of yoga pants and old t-shirts.
• One cup of coffee is never enough these days.
• I go to bed singing the Mickey Mouse Hot Dog song.
• Target. Gets me every time! No matter how hard I try I just can’t stick to buying only what’s on my list!
• Baby giggles. Best. Sound. Ever.
• Whenever I start feeling even a little sorry for myself, I remind myself of the places and people I’m lucky I’m not (thanks, Dr. Seuss).
Thanks for getting to know me a little bit, I can’t wait to get to know you!